With the introduction of Agreements as a configurable canvas, Clarity 16.0.0 establishes visibility for investment-to-investment dependencies, responsible parties, deadlines, and commitment dates.
Our Top 10 Novelties of the Clarity Release 16.0.0
The upgrade to the latest Clarity version 16.0.0 has recently become available. We provide you with an overview of the most important innovations.
Introduction of Agreements
New Hierarchy Capabilities
The functionality of Hierarchies has improved in several respects with the new version. You can now view all investments in a Timeline view. Additionally, you have the ability to view and edit all Status Reports, Risks, Issues, and Changes. Aggregate data can be visualized using configurable widgets.
Configurable Visual Widgets
You can now configure visual widgets, which have been added to Hierarchies, To Dos, and Custom Master Objects as well. Users can create their own widgets and optionally share them with others in a library.
Custom Investment Templates
Clarity 16.0.0 allows you to create Custom Investments from templates. The required fields can be created via Blueprints.
Improved Project Management User Experience
New functions are available for your project management. In particular, the comparison of the schedule with the current baseline in the Task Timeline offers you great added value. In addition, you can manage dependencies via editable predecessor or successor columns in the Task Timeline.
Powerful Roadmap Features
The release also brings new powerful possibilities with regard to Roadmaps, including the following:
- Export Timeline as PDF
- Display agreement dependencies (for linked investments)
- Configure visual indicators representing events such as milestones or other important investment dates
The introduction of smart filters (e.g., filter for current user or for periods, such as the current period or the start of the current year) reduces the need for multiple saved views.
Configurable Business Rules
You have the option to configure business rules to control when and how certain elements are presented or actions are performed. Editing of attributes can be disabled based on defined conditions.
Flexible Board View for Custom Master Objects
Important improvements again came from Broadcom’s Customer Innovation Panel. These include, among others, the use of flexible Board views and supporting picklists for Custom Master Objects.
Various Quality-of-life UX Improvements
Further innovations improve the quality of life of Clarity’s user experience. These include:
- Add allocations in the Staffing workspace
- Add forecast, forecast variance, and a new forecast cutover attribute (as date) in the Finance module to include them in cost and budget plans
- Support of Living Status Report (e.g., Status module) in Ideas and Custom Investments; ability to configure, preview, and publish as PDF
- Improved functionality of Saved Views by removing an unnecessary popup message when switching between views
- Numerous foundational accessibility improvements for Clarity in line with the WCAG 2.1 AA standard: visual design (e.g., color, contrast, visible focus), responsive design (e.g., pop-up windows, text areas, browser zoom), keyboard (e.g., key input, tab order, focus), screen readers (e.g., semantics, hierarchy, pages structures)
Insights into the Tool
The Innovations of Clarity 16.0.0
Get Your Upgrade Now!
As the largest partner of CA Technologies, a Broadcom Company, in Europe, we would be happy to give you a personal demonstration of the features of Clarity 16.0.0 as they relate to your specific application and provide you with the latest version.Contact us now