DENSO is a €44.3 billion ($47.9 billion) global mobility supplier that develops advanced technology and components for nearly every vehicle make and model on the road today. With manufacturing at its core, DENSO invests in its around 200 facilities to produce electrification, powertrain, thermal, mobility electronics, advanced devices to create jobs that directly change how the world moves. The company’s around 165,000 employees are paving the way to a mobility future that improves lives, eliminates traffic accidents, and preserves the environment. Globally headquartered in Kariya, Japan, DENSO spent around 9.0 percent of its global consolidated sales on research and development in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2023.
We showed how difficult it was to make costs and revenues transparent and to compare them without Clarity. And, of course, top management wants to know whether we are staying within our budgets, whether we are profitable, and if what we are doing is contributing to this or not. At this point, we quickly recognized the added value of Clarity, and we were also able to convince the management to introduce the new software.
Stephan Watzka, Director Engineering R&D
Use Case with Clarity
- Servicing the information needs, processes, and tools of the large corporation DENSO Global Headquarters in Japan
- Roll out Clarity to its different business units that each have their own requirements
- Deploy different tools, such as MS Excel and MS Project, which are embedded at various levels
- Convince the top management to implement new PPM software, whose added value cannot be expressed directly and in monetary terms
- Create transparency about projects, costs, and income in order to demonstrate the profitability of the individual business units
- Avoid transaction errors in Clarity without having to manually monitor user processes and data entries
- Convince users, business units, and other stakeholders of the added value of the software, even if this entails more effort for you at first
- Focus on the application itself rather than the IT infrastructure and related services
- Using Clarity for project and resource planning, as well as providing data for financial planning and invoicing
- Ability to adapt to different needs thanks to the flexibility as well as configuration options and interfaces
- Harmonizing processes across business units to increase the transparency and quality of information and enable targeted reporting and well grounded resource planning
- Proof of Concept as a practical test of the software at an early stage
- Increasing acceptance of Clarity and embedding it in the company by involving users early on and establishing champions in the business units
- Needs-based scaling of the IT infrastructure and services with itdesign Clarity SaaS to allow for cost savings and concentrating on the application itself
- Automation of tool monitoring to draw attention to input and transaction errors at an early stage
- Close and regular contact with itdesign as a partner in order to further advance the development of the tool even after the initial implementation
A particular challenge for us is that our corporate headquarters are in Japan. We have to fill in the processes that take place there and provide information that is processed there. The flexibility and configuration options provided by Clarity help tremendously to master this challenge accordingly.
Stephan Watzka, Director Engineering R&D
About DENSO Corporation
- Automotive supplier
- 165,000 employees
- Headquartered in Kariya, Japan
- Founded in 1949
- 200 locations worldwide
In Europe, DENSO regional headquarters is located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. DENSO has 27 official group companies located in 14 European countries and employs nearly 15,000 people across its European organization. DENSO Europe’s consolidated revenue was €4.7 billion ($5.1 billion) for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2023.
For more information about DENSO, visit https://www.denso.com/nl/en/
Would You Like to Learn More about This Success Story?
I would be happy to tell you more about the shared story, the approach, and the solution that helped our customer succeed in project portfolio management. I can't wait to hear from you.Contact us now